>For example, your IRLM address space must have higher priority than the other
>DBMS address spaces.

That's not entirely accurate.
With the WLM, you have little (or no) control over priorities.

The WLM can/does figure out who/what is using what as a 'server', and creates
pseudo-service classes under the covers to managed an IRLM/DB2/CICS combo (for
example).

So, you can bundle DB2 and the IRLM into the same service class. Of course,
it's a NIT since I usully put all three into SYSSTC.

Also, picking on the IRLM example: most of its work is done under cross memory
services, so it's dispatched at the priority (determined by the WLM) of the
requesting address space.
This can be shown by looking at the CPU time for an IRLM.
The last time I looked, TCB was always "0", and all the time was under SRB.

-
Too busy driving to stop for gas!