On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 10:55:25 -0400, Mark Jacobs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>It doesn't look like a pds can be larger than 65535 tracks however.
>DATA SET AIMJ.TESTPDS NOT ALLOCATED+
>IGD17051I ALLOCATION FAILED FOR DATA SET
>AIMJ.TESTPDS
>, PRIMARY SPACE EXCEEDS 65535 TRKS

I found out the hard way (i.e. not reading this bit in the MANUAL:)

 Many types of data sets are limited to 65 535 total tracks allocated on any
one volume, and if a greater number of tracks is required, this attempt to
create a data set will fail.

Data sets that are not limited to 65 535 total tracks allocated on any one
volume are:

    * Large format sequential
    * Extended-format sequential
    * UNIX files