I have posted this on the COBOL.LANG newsgroup, but thought I would as here
as well.

I ran into a problem where a programmer stated that the PERFORM THRU EXIT
was not functioning for one of many.  I felt it was a missing IF END-IF
combo.  Other than doing an exclude all and the manually paring up the IF
ENDI-IFs, I was hoping there might be some tool that could do that kind of
validation in COBOL.

In ISPF I can set HILITE to REXX and it will show when an END is dangling.
But when I do the same thing for COBOL it does not seem to show me
mismatched pairing.

So, does anyone know of a tool that can go thru COBOL code and provide a
basic mismatch for do loops or IF END-IFs or PERFORM THRU?

Lizette