On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 09:13:55 -0400, Earnie Allen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I am in need of a fairly straightforward method of turning a PDS into a
>flat file (for modifications) and then back into a PDS.  Having the
>original ISPF stats present in the final PDS is not necessarily a critical
>part of the process for us --- nice, but not absolutely necessary.
>
>I have an REXX exec that does the process, but it is not set up to run as a
>batch job.  Would that it were ... sigh.
>
>I have come across the CBT FILE093 solution(s) --- but, there appear to be
>many varieties.
>
>Some assistance/suggestions, please?

Well, you can unload the PDS using IEBPTPCH, do your updates using
whatever programming method you want and create IEBUPDTE output to
feed back into IEBUPDTE.  I have done that in the past.

But are you sure you need to go though all that trouble?  If you are looking
to "mass update" you can use PDS86 from the CBT file or if your updates are
a little more complicated you can create an ISPF edit macro to do it and run it
against all members of the PDS in batch (see EDMACALL on my web site).
Both methods can preserve and / or update the ISPF stats.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]