>You're off the hook, and if you've yet taken no action, it would be
>interesting to let it run its course and see whether Tech Pubs agrees
>with us.
The way our ID process seems to work today (at least in Poughkeepsie),
if someone suggests a change, the book owner contacts the technical
owner to see if (s)he agrees. So the ID person is not doing the "agreeing".

I've also been informed that, to my dismay, no updates will happen to
any old books "ever". Updates will be made only in the forthcoming R9
books.

>I've noticed that some recent IBM manuals (maybe only Tivoli
>manuals, but still IBM) no longer include the RCF or any electronic
>equivalent.   Is there an IBM-wide RCF (where "F" now stands
>for "function") that can be used for those manuals not providing
>their own?  If so, I've not found it (but haven't searched much,
>either).

Ugghh. The z/OS MVS books (i.e., the ones I am involved with) all have a
page at the end "Readers' Comments -- We'd Like to Hear from You".
I'm not sure why there is no electronic mechanism. I'll inquire.

But that is not consistent across the z/OS elements, unfortunately.
I'll ask about that too.

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design