Earnie Allen wrote:

We have PDSMAN in-shop, but I do not believe I can use it for this
particular change because not only is the ACCT info different in most
cases, but also because there does not now exist any "standard" ACCT field
info to key on and do the replace.  Thus the need for the project ... not
only complete ACCT info, but also standardization of the JOB card(s).

======================

I just completed changes to the JOB account code in over a hundred PDS
members using PDSMAN.  This has been in our shop for a long time and I
don't know who the current vendor is.  But if someone is interested, I
probably can I track down some contact information.

Walter Rue

Earnie Allen
Senior Systems Programmer
MVS Systems Software
WORLDSPAN, LP
Phone: 404-322-2799  FAX: 404-322-4653
E-Mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Remember: It takes teamwork to make the dream work.

PDSMAN -- at least the way I use it -- does not accept position specifications. Scanning each record left to right, it matches on whatever string you enter in the "from" field and changes that to whatever you enter in the "to" at whatever position the "from" value is found. I haven't tried differing lengths. It also accepts AND and not-AND values. I'm not sure if this helps any, but I agree that your situation at some point seems to call for a smarter program.

Walter Rue