Ron Wells wrote:
John
Thanks...will look into this....we use por 23 for tn3270
thought the older telnet had to be defined in BPXparm and TCPIP parm's for port to use?? not just in OMVS...guess I'm wrong??

We use port 23 for TN3270 and port 1023 for OMVS telnet. We continue to configure things this way for historical reasons.

For services we've configured more recently, we share the *same* port number between the native z/OS server and the z/OS UNIX server by using VIPA. For example, here's our TCPIP port definition for REXECD/RSHD:

512 TCP OMVS BIND 192.168.1.129 ; z/OS Unix REXECD
514 TCP OMVS BIND 192.168.1.129 ; z/OS Unix RSHD
512 TCP RXSERVE             ; Remote Execution Server
514 TCP RXSERVE             ; Remote Execution Server

192.168.1.129 is the VIPA address. This same port sharing technique ought to work for any server, including telnet.

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc