You can do that if you want, but it should not be necessary. At least, I
did not bother. I just comment'ed out the line previously mentioned. If
you don't then you will have a conflict because the TCPIP stack will be
listening on port 23 and the INETD daemon will try to listen on port 23
as well. This is "not allowed" (OK, there are ways to do it, but it is
outside my knowledge).

You might want to change the OMVSKERN to BPXROOT in all the
/etc/inetd.conf lines.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged
and/or confidential.  It is for intended addressee(s) only.  If you are
reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication is
strictly prohibited and could, in certain circumstances, be a criminal
offense.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by reply and delete this message without copying or disclosing
it.