From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Binyamin Dissen
Sent: 4. elokuuta 2007 21:51
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: VSAM Linear Dataset n00b question

On Fri, 3 Aug 2007 20:10:51 +0200 Lindy Mayfield
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

:>Is it possible to access VSAM linear data sets without going through
the
:>DIV macros? By using VSAM macros?

What are you trying to do?

The basic purpose of DIV is to allow the file to be accessed and updated
as
memory.

You can map it to a private area as well as a dataspace.

--
Binyamin Dissen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.dissensoftware.com