On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 08:36:12 -0500, Paul Gilmartin
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 20:18:17 -0500, Kenneth E Tomiak wrote:
>>
>o The Requirement did not explicitly mention the need for
>  thorough override support, or it would not be considered
>  to be satisfied.  So:
>
>  - Was the customer formulating the requirement remiss in
>    not explicitly mentioning override support, but presuming
>    it was implicit, or,
>
>  - Was IBM devious in omitting an obvious collateral
>    requirement, however implicit, in order to save
>    implementation effort?
>
>-- gil

Have you ever added a feature to a program? Did you go back to the original
design and completely redesign the program and completely rewrite it. And
then because one program was changing you went back to the system design
adn redesigned and rewrote every program in the system? Every time? I doubt
it. So as new features get bolted on IBM products, CA products, Sun, HP,
Microsoft, and every other vendor out there - the original design is not
redone. New limitations will be found that were not considered part of the new
feature.