Robert,
  We also run both stacks without problems.  All our tcp apps
can (after some effort) be switched between either.
  The biggest problem for us is the hundreds of ftp jcl whose syntax
must be tweaked to go from TCPaccess to CS: ChangeMgmt, testing,
migration, remote disparate platform scripts, etc, etc resulted in the
decision to keep both stacks.
  One thing to pay attention to is your OSA config.  If you're running
nonQDIO (until recently a rqmt for TCPaccess), and you want to go
QDIO, that will take some migration planning.

Jeff