Since the speed increase is basically a factor of two, it is possible that you're CPU Utilization will drop in half. Now that will depend greatly upon how long during the day you drive it 'close to' 100% and any latent demand. That is, people that put off doing something because they know that the system will be too busy, who will now do it whenever they can.

As always, YMMV.

Tommy Tsui wrote:
Hi all,

Our shop planning to upgrade the CPU from 2064-2C9 to 2094-710, how can we
measure each CPU usage. In 2064-2C9 CICS almost use 100% on each
CPU..running CICS and some transaction time out. We expect it will have
improvment after upgraded to 2094-710 becuase each CPU mips have increased
from around 235 to 500. Agreed?

we are using RMF APPL% divide no of CPU to get each CPU usage %
Anyone can share

Thanks
Tommy

Rich Smrcina
VM Assist, Inc.
Phone: 414-491-6001
Ans Service:  360-715-2467
rich.smrcina at vmassist.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/richsmrcina

Catch the WAVV!  http://www.wavv.org
WAVV 2008 - Chattanooga - April 18-22, 2008