O'Brien, David W. (NIH/CIT) [C]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  wrote:
>... we in the developed world are in an economic  war...
> Aiding them is not in our economic self interest...
>For my part, I believe a boycott is in order.

Every individual is in an economic war with every other individual on earth
for resources necessary for life.  And every thing we do, every thought we
have, every decision we make is always in our own self-interest, whether
economic or otherwise and whether we realize it or not.  This is the way  life
works.  If we don't learn how to co-operate and thus mutually survive,  the
logical
extreme of this self-interested warfare is for there to be only one  person
left alive who has killed everyone else.  It would seem that some  form of
voluntary, mutual co-operation would be much better.  There are  many web sites
where one can freely learn about various economic and political  theories.
Perhaps some browsing of them might also help in this  regard.

Bill  Fairchild
Plainfield, IL