"O'Brien, David W. (NIH/CIT) [C]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Ah, Consultant which puts you in amongst those who would benefit if all
>IT work were outsourced.
>It may not be my business but it helps to know which side of the
>economic argument you're on.

>From my perspective we in the developed world are in an economic war
>with India and China as well as Brazil and Russia. Aiding them is not in
>our economic self interest, therefore why should we?

>For my part, I believe a boycott is in order.

So I guess we can assume that none of your electronics, automobiles, or
clothing are made overseas, you only visit US websites, and of course you would
have voted to sit out WWII?  (OK, I'm kidding about the last two, but not about
the first.)

I'm astonished by the unprofessionalism evinced by this thread.  If you don't
want to answer a question, don't answer it.  But whining about outsourcing
based on someone's name, grasp of English, and possible naïvete is
mind-bogglingly childish.

I've been working with mainframes for 30+ years, but I'm not an MVS person.
I'm employed by a US software vendor; we don't do services, we don't outsource.
 If I were to ask a naïve MVS question, should I expect to be flamed?  Or do my
coherent English and WASP last name ensure moderation?

(Hmm, perhaps I should offer a service to Teja, Archana, and Rajesh,
"translating" their queries into American and posting as Bob Jones, from a
US-based .com address...reverse outsourcing!)

This all starts to remind me of what my dad said about the average Unix
newsgroup, some 25-30 years ago: "If you ask a question, you get several
flaming you for asking the question the way you asked it, and some flaming you
for trying to do it that way in the first place.  None of them actually make
any effort to answer the question or help in any way."

I sure hope this list isn't headed in that direction.  We're adults, we should
be able to act like it.

...phsiii