"Peter Relson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]
om>...
> Sam makes a good point. If we report on usage above 100% we should
allow
> you to
> specify a value > 100%.
> Regarding Barbara's points about the ASM and XCF checks,, We will
check
> into
> them (again, I presume). The ASM check intentionally is designed on an
> individual data set basis. And that is why adding an additional data
set
> has no
> bearing on the exception.

Peter,

I had the "old" HC under SA installed, but found it hardly useful, so I
was happy to read the announcement in 1.7 (I think) that it had been
improved a lot, but now it appears not to be at its final goal, so I
hope user comments will be handled seriously.

About your answer above: why do you check a single PGDS utilization? I
think it hardly hirts when one PGDS is over some limit if the total
configuration is within limit? If I remember correctly what Greg Dyke
explained about PGDS selection queues and groups when discussing PGDSs
on different devicetypes, the overutilized one will not be selected
anymore, because of the smaller chance of finding enough contigious
slots. So if the rest of the pageconfiguration is well behaving, there
is in fact no problem to report on. Besides that, the question is what
we can do about it, as Barbara already mentioned.

And do I understand it correctly that you don't check the utilization of
the entire pageconfiguration? I think that is the most important item. I
just noticed this week that an extra message IRA205I has been added to
notify if the Pageconfiguration is 50% full. ASM is always issuing
messages about the utilization of the total pageconfiguration, so I
assume that is the most important thing to monitor.

Kees.
http://www.klm.com. This e-mail and any attachment may contain
confidential and privileged material intended for the addressee
only. If you are not the addressee, you are notified that no part
of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed, copied or
distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or
attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have
received this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail, and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart
Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall
not be liable for the incorrect or incomplete transmission of this
e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for any delay in
receipt.
Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij N.V. (also known as KLM Royal
Dutch Airlines) is registered in Amstelveen, The Netherlands, with
registered number 33014286