Andreas F. Geissbuehler wrote:
5) About 3 years ago I downloaded a Linux distro, installed Apache, MySQL, Perl packages. By now I have written a few websites, CGI applications. IBM has something called WebSphere. I'll never get a WebSphere contract because I have no *WebSphere exprience*.

There is a BIG difference between a LAMP enviroment and Websphere. LAMP is not J2EE.

Unless they have stopped you can download, or order a free CD, that has has the whole Websphere developer product for a 90-day free trial.

You can also use other J2EE products (JBOSS) for free to get J2EE experience. Although JBOSS is not the same as Websphere there are a lot of things that can transfer between enviroments.