I just learned about, and turned on, COMPRESS(TAILORED) in SMS. Things were
working OK, then we had a user job abend because the region size was too small
(213-ED abend, with 378 abend also showing); trying to browse the dataset after
that got 213-E0.  We were able to recover this job and change the region size,
but it did raise a question:

Once I have turned on tailored compression, if I wanted to switch back to the
generic version, what would happen to any datasets that were compressed with
tailored compression? Would I have to identify them somehow and uncompress them
before turning the option off?

Tim Hare
Senior Systems Programmer
Florida Department of Transportation