I have decided to dump the initial live SMF to dasd rather than tape.  So only
2 tape mounts would be required in this second step.  We do have our job
scheduler monitoring these dump jobs so if there is a failure we are paged and
as I said before we only dump once a day, easy for the operator to keep an
eye on it.  Also, as I mentioned earlier, I keep multiple GDSs of the daily
(along
with HSM backups now) and weekly files so I could easily rebuild due to an
error.  We also keep monthly tapes which I will also have to convert from
IEBGENER.  I do keep a backup copy of the monthlies.  Does this sound a little
cleaner?