In respect to MOD, are you just referring to moding SMF data to tape?  I've
successfully used mod (with ICEGENER) to tape for our LOGREC files for 17
years and have yet to have an issue with reading the tape.  Actually we also
have a few other files we mod to tape which have also never failed.  I now
understand the way to go for SMF is to use IFASMFD rather than ICEGENER to
move data around and not to use mod but with respect to using mod to tape
for other types of files I have yet to see an issue??  Am I just lucky or are
these just extremely isolated situations where mod to tape fails?  I could have
very easily have missed it but has IBM made recommendations against using
mod for tapes?  Thanks for all of the help!