That thing needs some updating...  Problem is, where does one begin?
Allocation, perhaps the TIOT, then the UCB...?

Anyway, I added some commentary.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Martin Packer
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 3:50 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: UCB Wikipedia Article

Can someone (or SEVERAL someones) who understand(s) IOS etc take a look at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_Control_Block  and this talk page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Unit_Control_Block and contribute to them
both.

In particular I'm concerned with the question raised as to who actually gets
to access a UCB. I DOUBT very much it's the average application program. :-)

Thanks! Martin

Martin Packer
Performance Consultant
IBM United Kingdom Ltd