"Johnny Luo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
> Peter,
>
> I checked POO and yes, RESTART interruption cannot be disabled so at
least
> we have a final choice under such a situation.
>
> Never had the chance to use HMC (I guess the restart key must be
there),

Yes, it used to be a button or you a HCM command, now it will probably
be a panel option.

> do
> you mean after pressing it we will be prompted to select the action to
take?

No, it is different from windows:
First of all, you send an External Interrupt to a specific processor, in
your case the one with the disabled loop. The task on this processor
will be pulled through RTM (Recovery and Termination Manager), more or
less as if an error had occurred on the task. The assumption then is,
that RTM will abort the looping task, clean up and recover it, so that
the disabled part has been terminated.

So, Peter, as far as I know, the operator does not (directly) get
control after a Restart Interrupt.

Kees.

> On 10/24/07, Hunkeler Peter (KIUK 3)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > >I must say it's very interesting. Suppose in a single-processor
system,

> > >I write some codes which cause a disabled loop. How to handle it?
Press

> > >'restart' key like what we usually react in a windows system? :)
> >
> > The difference being that you, the operator, get in control after
> > pressing
> > the restart key. You can then choose to abend the looping task. The
> > system
> > will continue to run thereafter.
> >
> > --
> > Peter Hunkeler
> > Credit Suisse

http://www.klm.com. This e-mail and any attachment may contain
confidential and privileged material intended for the addressee
only. If you are not the addressee, you are notified that no part
of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed, copied or
distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or
attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have
received this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail, and delete this message.

Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries
and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor
responsible for any delay in receipt.
Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij N.V. (also known as KLM Royal
Dutch Airlines) is registered in Amstelveen, The Netherlands, with
registered number 33014286