Barbara/Peter,
Thanks for the information. When I went to school(NIU) in 2000 we designed a
Student Operating system with the dispatcher running off the TCB chain. I
recently went to Diagnostics class in z/OS and there I learned about the WEB.

I wonder if there is a Bible which explains everything about the OS
concepts..not POO please.

Steve,

"Repressible or Exigent?
Do you have VM or Flex-Es?
Otherwise, it will be rather hard to force a real machine (or LPAR) to
take/recognize an Exigent machine check. "

I am not sure how they differ. I was just trying to understand it
theoretically.
>From ESPMIR, the only thing left is Restart and Machine check in a DISABLED
mode, so I was wondering under what circumstaces Machine check is ever
used or induced.

Sorry for digressing from the original question.

Thanks,
Santosh