David Long wrote:
In 1989 I was working in a shop where the operator accidentally entered the ipl date as yy/mm/98 instead of yy/mm/89. This was not noticed until all the jobs that read tapes started failing because the tape datasets had expired.

I ended up writing a little program to make the operator verify that the date was correct before the ipl could procede.

But, the operator that made the mistake was fired on the spot. Right? ;-)

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc