I guess I saw the part about turning SMF recording off, but it didn't register. Yes, if they were stealing services or committing some act of fraud, maybe they should get fired. I used the quote below more because I was getting fed up with Ed Gould's constant talk of firing people. I know I have caused a few IPLs in my career. I don't think people should be fired for one or two honest mistakes. If someone makes mistakes over and over, thats one thing, but making one mistake that causes an outage shouldn't be grounds for firing.

Eric Bielefeld
Sr. z/OS Systems Programmer
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
414-475-7434

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thompson, Steve" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Eric:

What would you do with dishonest consultants?

<snip>

A clue was given when it was said that SMF had been turned off. Now, if
charge-back accounting was being done AND these consultants were in some
way being charged for CPU time (and/or other resources) that they used
then this was a form of theft or embezzlement/fraud.

That being the case: depending on what corporate counsel advised, I
would present them with a bill for 1.5 times their average use on a
weekend, point out specific points in any contract that shows or states
this is a material breach. It would also be pointed out, if the contract
does not preclude it, that this behavior crossed the line of GRAND
THEFT. And then tell them we would entertain a payment schedule to heal
any breach that this behavior caused.

But the situation would be well documented and would definitely be part
of any future negotiations.

Regards,
Steve Thompson