I have written a program that reads in 80 byte cards and performs
symbolic variable substitution at execution time.  This program allows
us to create control cards that are "environment generic" and has
greatly reduced the number of redundant control cards than need to be
maintained.  It can even dynamically allocate and write multiple output
cards in a single execution.  This program works very well and has been
well received by our staff.  The only downside with this program is that
the symbolic values have to be passed into the program on the parm.  The
100 character limit has been a bit of an annoyance with this approach.

I would like to enhance this program to avoid to necessity of passing
the symbolic values through the parms.  I am certain I can successfully
get the information I need by parsing the JESJCL.  What I have not been
able to find out so far is where the JESJCL data is?  Is this in an MVS
data area?  Is it in a dataset allocated to the job?

If someone can help me find out how to read the JESJCL, I will be happy
to share the code with the world.  For that matter I can share what I
have now if anyone is interested.

Thanks,
Bill Bass