On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 15:13:41 -0400, Dave Thorn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>2 other LPARs on this box: one weight is 47 the other is 43.  We want to
>make the 3rd LPAR=1 (down from 10) and give the other 9 to the one at
>47.
>
>This LPAR shares MIM with one LPAR on this box and 2 other LPARs on 2
>other boxes; all are in the same sysplex.  So if it IPLs slowly that's
>where the problems occur?

Is it MIA or MII (or both).  It doesn't matter that much... but tape allocation
delays are not as bad as ENQ delays.   Either way, since you are sharing
and you can't get MIM higher than SYSSTC (or SYSTEM if using the
address space create method of starting it) - it still has to share with all
the OS system tasks at the same priority and if the box is maxed out
you'll affect your other environments.  I would look at RMF reports and
see what the "idle" usage is and certainly not make the weight lower than
that.  But you would probably want to either bump up the weight during
IPLs or start MIM after the rest of the IPL was done.

If this was a totally stand alone LPAR, then I agree with what one of the
at or near capacity.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden