Dave,

I also noticed that my previous understanding about 'preemptibility' was not
correct.

Maybe the first question should be: Will every interrupt handler finally
invoke dispatcher?

Enlighten by your input, my current understanding for preemptibility is as
follows:

After an interrupt, it's possible that the interrupted dispatch unit will
not be immediately redispatched. And if its time slice has not expired, we
call this 'pre-empt'.

--
Best Regards,
Johnny Luo