In a message dated 11/7/2007 10:26:55 A.M. Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

ASCII is  worse this way - but there always will be problems with
sorting, because  sorting words and names has never had a complete
definition that we all  agree upon.

What I remember, is back then there were several ASCII's 7bit, 8bit and
maybe a 9-bit depending on the vendor. One of the guys was sitting in his dark
office going hmmm....holding up hollerith cards. Hmmm what? Double bit parity.
So. Fewer data checks....can we work on the matrix algorithms  now???