-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of McKown, John
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2007 2:14 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: CSA 'above the bar'

Anymore, 640K is not enough to do "Hello, World!" type programs.
Especially when you add in the GUI interface and all the "Are You Sure?"
dialog boxes. Internationalization requires even more memory.
<SNIP>

Once upon a time, in a Galaxy far far away, 4K of 8bit memory allowed
one to do payroll for a large company (hourly, salaried, part-time,
etc.). And that was 4K for just the application. And that same 4K
allowed for double entry based accounting systems.

Then came the 128K machines with 8 DASD spindles and the ability to do 3
different jobs simultaneously (accounting, payroll, and compiles).

One wonders how much code bloat the world can stand.

Regards,
Steve Thompson

-- All opinions expressed by me are my own and may not necessarily
reflect those of my employer. --