Interesting evolution of 24 - 31 - 64 bit addressing :
  - 16MB is a real euclidian "line" i.e. zero thickness.
  - 2GB "line" has a thickness of 4KB
  - Now the bar is 2GB wide.

As for the need of a "guaranteed bad address", is it something similar to a
NULL pointer in C ? If I recall correctly, C implemets NULL pointers as X'0'
which off course would run into issues with PSA access here. By the way how
was this need satisfied in 24 bit days ? Or was it that the need hadn't arisen
yet ?
Just curious
Mohammad