>From what I saw, the CONNEX product really looked nice, very mainframe centric.

It was/is.
I was told that it started on Tandem and moved to the mainframe.
But, it has issues due to timings -- it doesn't handle paging very well.
I worked at one of the two banks, in Canada, that used it.
We had two performance analysts dedicated to it.

IBM even did LSPR measurements against it.
Originally, they were a re-markettor of CONNEX.

The original company name was ACME Software and they changed it to eFunds.

There is a lot of customisation you can do with the product.

It's a flag/semiphore passing application, with store-and-forward capabilities.

-
Too busy driving to stop for gas!