As long as its Friday, and there are many posts about ATMs, I'll add mine. I can't remember when I got my first TYME card. It was somewhere between 1975 and 1978, I think. I remember when Milwaukee County promoted me to a Sysprog, there was an ATM machine across the street in the County Courthouse. It was so nice to just walk across the street at lunch hour and deposit my check, instead of having to go to the bank.

Wisconsin is the home of TYME, which stood for Take Your Money Everywhere. I don't think they have called it that for a long time, but I know Wisconsin was one of the first states to come out with ATMs shareable by different banks. When they first started advertising, they said that you would never have to pay any fees to take your money out, and I never did pay fees for a long time. I still don't pay fees, but then I know which ATMs to go to. I also take out money when I pay for my groceries, as they don't charge a fee for that.

I also used to work at Marine Bank, long since eaten up by bigger banks. It says Chase on top of the building I used to work in now. Marine Bank used to run all their online systems under TCAM back then (1980 to 1984) when I worked for them. I remember one time during that time period seeing an article in the morning paper about the TYME system. One of the programmers at Marine bank had put in a change to the system, and every transaction came out wrong. I just realized I had a brain glitch - I can't remember what the consequences were, but it wasn't good.

I think AO Smith developed the TYME system. I'm pretty sure the company that takes care of it, which was a division of AO Smith, is now called eFunds. (Now I'm sounding like Ed).

Eric Bielefeld
Sr. z/OS Systems Programmer
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
414-475-7434

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ted MacNEIL" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

There is a package (CONNEX) originally written for tandem that was ported to z/OS (ESA at the time) used for managing ATM's & Credit Card machines.

Two banks in Canada and a large Australian bank use it.

The original name of the company supplying the product always made me laugh: Acme Software.
Sounds like where the coyote got his computer programmes from.
-
Too busy driving to stop for gas!