Michael Stack writes:
>Mark, the statement I quoted, "With the addition, ISU becomes the
>only public university in the state to offer its technology students
>both an undergraduate program in enterprise computing and hands-on
>access to such an IBM mainframe" said nothing about
>z/Architecture.

But this statement is 100% correct, and why shouldn't ISU market this
exclusive? Good for them. If ISU has an advantage over other educational
institutions, of course they should promote it, and their graduates should
enjoy their near 100% placement rate. Said another way, if other
institutions have less capability to educate their students, that's their
problem (and possibly IBM's), certainly not ISU's.

The key word is "such." You're not going to see "z/Architecture" appear in
a small city newspaper. As factually correct shorthand for the public at
large, it's a fine word choice.

- - - - -
Timothy Sipples
IBM Consulting Enterprise Software Architect
Specializing in Software Architectures Related to System z
Based in Tokyo, Serving IBM Japan and IBM Asia-Pacific
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]