Looks pretty good!  I'd suggest we expand on the section regarding the
benefits to the developers (including security bods like me), but also the
benefits to IBM.  Your letter mentioned students.  Considering the lack of
mainframe experience I keep hearing about from recruiters, HR bods and
project managers, etc., I would think IBM would be VERY interested in
allowing the mini-z/OS to be put out in the colleges and tech training centres.

Familiarity with mainframing will provide IBM with a groundswell of potential
users.  It'll also put paid to the oft-repeated lie that "the mainframe is
dead" -
let's face it, mainframes are the most stable, most secure and most efficient
commercially available computer systems available EVER.  Covering the
smaller shops would be (to my mind, anyway) a great opportunity to build
IBM's market progression from blades or i-Series to z-Series that customers
can cope with.

I liked the "Welcome to Oz" part of the message as well, but I think you
should probably include a public service message about
avoiding "Neighbours"...

If nothing else, it would be nice to see IBM and T3T be able to settle this
without recourse to the judicial branch...

On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 22:31:46 +0900, Clement Clarke
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hi Roger, Sam and Doc and other interested people,
>
>I have just learned that Sam is in Oz (for the first time ever).  See
>http://www.australianit.news.com.au/story/0,24897,22874620-16123,00.html
>
>In the past, I have spoken to a few people in IBM (gosh, I worked there
>for 4 years), and, if we are quick it might be possible to get it discussed.
>
>I've written something fairly quickly, and stood on the shoulders of
>others by incorporating their comments.  I'll send it to Sam first thing
>tomorrow (it is sleep time in Oz) after you have commented.
>
>It is here:
>http://members.ozemail.com.au/~oscarptyltd/Letter%20to%20Sam%
20Palmisano.html

>Cheers,
>
>Clement Clarke
>
>Ian wrote:
>> Clem
>>
>> If there is an interest in developing and signing such a letter to Sam
>> I can host such and effort on my site.
>>
>> Ian
>> http://www.pcs305.com
>>
>> On Dec 4, 2007 6:57 PM, Clement Clarke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>>> A letter or two to Sam might help.
>>>
>>> How about if we formulate one together and send it to him?  My guess is
>>> that the email sent about students being unable to use Z/OS might form a
>>> good basis?
>>>
>>> Clem

>> send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN
INFO