In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> you write:
>On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 11:06:28 +0200, Binyamin Dissen wrote:
>
>>I do an
>>    ALL /string/
>>macro to get the lines I want.
>>
>>How do I delete the other lines so that I can save a file with just those
>>line?
>>
>(IIRC -- Please RTFM before maiming your file on my say-so):
>
>SET DISPLAY 0 0
>SET SCOPE DISPLAY /* should be the default */
>:0 DELETE *

Alternate answer:  Similar to Gil's, but IMHO a bit simpler:

Do a "?" to get the ALL command back into the input area, and put a
"not" sign (shift 6 on many keyboards) in front of the first "/".
ENTER and you will see all lines that DON'T contain "string".
Then use the same delete command:  ":0 DELETE *".  Note that the ":0"
MAY throw an error, and "TOP#DELETE *" won't.

>But ISPF is easier than XEDIT at adding lines to the viewable
>set; in XEDIT you need to write a macro to do that.

Not necessarily.  If you xedited a file which is still out on disk, you
can get the complete file back by:
ALL
:0 DELETE *
get = = =
optional: TOP or :0 or other positioning as desired.

Or: just QQ and xedit fn ft fm again.

If the file you are looking at is a reader file that you PEEK'd,
just QQ and PEEK the same file again.

--
Rich Greenberg  N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com  + 1 239 543 1353
Eastern time.  N6LRT  I speak for myself & my dogs only.    VM'er since CP-67