On 16 Dec 2007 14:17:37 -0800, in bit.listserv.ibm-main (Message-ID:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Paul Gilmartin) wrote:

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 14:37:24 -0500, rich wrote:

But ISPF is easier than XEDIT at adding lines to the viewable
set; in XEDIT you need to write a macro to do that.

Not necessarily. If you xedited a file which is still out on disk, you
can get the complete file back by:
ALL
:0 DELETE *
get = = =
optional: TOP or :0 or other positioning as desired.

Or: just QQ and xedit fn ft fm again.

If the file you are looking at is a reader file that you PEEK'd,
just QQ and PEEK the same file again.
What I meant is that XEDIT has no sequence as simple as:

   EXCLUDE ALL
   FIND wombat ALL

... looking at the display, I decide I want to see additional
lines, so I:

   FIND xyzzy ALL

... now I see the lines containing wombat and/or xyzzy for a single additional command with a single target. I once wrote an XEDIT macro to do this, but I believe the supplied ALL XEDIT
doesn't do anything close.

Most of what I know of XEDIT is from my use of KEDIT. Doesn't XEDIT have the MORE command?

--
I cannot receive mail at the address this was sent from.
To reply directly, send to ar23hur "at" intergate "dot" com