In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> you write:

[...]

>What I meant is that XEDIT has no sequence as simple as:
>
>    EXCLUDE ALL
>    FIND wombat ALL

Not correct.  All does just that.  "ALL /wombat/"

>... looking at the display, I decide I want to see additional
>lines, so I:
>
>    FIND xyzzy ALL
>
>... now I see the lines containing wombat and/or xyzzy for a
>single additional command with a single target.  I once wrote
>an XEDIT macro to do this, but I believe the supplied ALL XEDIT
>doesn't do anything close.

You are correct in that the IBM supplied Xedit + IBM supplied macros
(one of which is ALL) do not do this.  However macros such as INCLUDE
and EXCLUDE and/or various other names have been floating around the
user community since ALL became available.  Some of them may even be
yours.

The syntax is different from ISPF because ISPF != Xedit.  Results are
same or similar.

--
Rich Greenberg  N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com  + 1 239 543 1353
Eastern time.  N6LRT  I speak for myself & my dogs only.    VM'er since CP-67