2nd attempt to send a posting that went into the bit bucket.

I assume there are some shops with policies that forbid transfers
across the web between z/OS mainframes and external sites unless
the data is encrypted.  How do such shops send data to/from MVS
(and other vendors)?

I know IBMs Boulder site (testcase ?) supports HTTPS transfers.  Do
they also support FTPS or SFTP?  And what about IBM's emea site
(which some parts of IBM greatly prefer over Boulder)?  Does it
support any kind of encrypted transfers?

If such transfers to/from MVS can be done I would like to suggest
them to our management as a huge step up from our current policy
that prohibits (i.e., blocks via firewalls) any access to the web by
our mainframes, blocks all web-based outbound FTPs from any
workstation on out intranet, and allows inbound transfers only
for browser-based FTPs going through a proxy.  :-(

I'd appreciate any information on how other shops cope with similar
paranoic policies.  (But please don't bother pointing out the
problems with the policies.  We know they don't provide any
protection; they just make our lives difficult.  There is no logic here -
just a "Corporate Security" department.)

Thanks in advance.

Pat O'Keefe