Chase, John wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List On Behalf Of Gray, Larry - Larry A

Try creating a GSK trace with the FTP and reviewing that. That helped me resolve several problems with encrypted FTP to outside companies. Most of my problems were finding the correct CA for the other site and getting that added to my keyring.

// PARM=('ENVAR("GSK_TRACE=0XFFFF","GSK_TRACE_FILE=/tmp/gskxxx.trc")', // '/-r TLS (TRACE EXIT') In OMVS run gsktrace /tmp/gskxxx.trc >/tmp/gskxxx.txt
    pg /tmp/gskxxx.txt

Thanks.  I'll give that a whirl in the morning.  I'm reasonably certain
that I have the correct CA cert connected to the correct keyring,
because before I figured that out I never even got to the AUTH TLS
command.

Oh, BTW, my z/OS FTPS server works like a champ on our intranet.

    -jc-

I have had cases where the GSK trace was required, but it can produce
a lot of output that can be hard to understand.

I would first try adding the -d option to your FTP. This will add
some debugging messages that may tell you what the problem is without
having to resort to the GSK trace.

--
Richard