Larry,

Swings and roundabouts I think. IMBED would cause the sequence set to be
pre-fetched along with the data and not pushed out by other cache activity.
One cache miss is a lifetime compared to a cache hit on FE4.

Sequential pre-fetch operates on a far wider stripe then one CYL (up to 64
tracks in HDS) so the difference observed would be the connect time for a 7%
increase in Start-Sub-channels. That assumes you have buffered up enough to
chain one CYL per IO. Users that have default buffering or SMB would not see
any noteworthy degradation.

And we both assume a well ordered dataset :)

Ron