From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Lizette Koehler
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 6:51 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Performance issues with VSAM IMBED

My main reason for asking is we still have VSAM defined with IMBED.
Fortunately no KEYRANGE or REPLICATE, at least no IEC161I messages with
those sub codes.

Since the statement was made that there is a performance issue, I was hoping
to find some verification so that I could convince my users to reorg their
files over the next year to get those removed.  But if I cannot support the
statement, it may be a more difficult road to travel.  Zapping something is
so much easier than doing a reorg of a file that may be 4GB or larger or
having to have an application outage to do it.   Same issue with some user
catalogs.

Since I know I am not the only shop, I was also wondering if anyone else was
running into this situation and how they are going about trying to get their
files reorg'd.  This is just pure curiosity on my part.

Lizette