From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Clark Morris
Sent: January 27, 2008 5:29 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Job ad for z/OS systems programmer trainee

wrote:

>>Something interesting appeared in my Inbox yesterday.  It's from the

>>Royal Bank of Canada

>The COBOL requirement seems a bit odd for a system programming

>position.  It's not a bad idea in a COBOL shop, but it limits the
audience

>to those in or from application programming.  Same comment for the

>PL/I requirement.

>I wonder if this is an application tailored to fit one specific
applicant.

The thing I found most interesting was that only a high school

education was required.  Given that what I did in the 1970's and

1980's as a systems programmer and contributor to mods tapes didn't

require a college education, I am glad to see this change.  ( I do

have an economics degree with ONE year of computer programming and

numerical analysis).

>In any case, it's good to see at least one shop trying to address the

>"greying" issue.

>Pat O'Keefe

Clark Morris