From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mark Zelden
Sent: 28 Januarie 2008 02:16 nm
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Keep only the tail of the dataset

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 09:10:01 +0100, Miklos Szigetvari
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>    Hi
>
>    Searching for a method to keep/access only the tail of a dataset.
> An application writes internal traces , several million  lines. I
would
>like to keep only the last part of the trace.
>Any simple method to achive this ?
>(Currently I can think to pipe under USS , and write a small program to
>wrap around )
>
>--

If you know how many records, you can use IDCAMS REPRO with SKIP(nnn).
If you don't know how many records, you would have to determine that
first
and could generate the JCL with REXX for example.   There are many ways
to find the number of records but the quickest may be to use the ICETOOL

or SYNCTOOL "COUNT" function.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Elavon Financial Services Limited
Registered in Ireland: Number 418442
Registered Office: Block E, 1st Floor, Cherrywood Business Park, Loughlinstown,
Co. Dublin, Ireland
Directors: Robert Abele (USA), John Collins,  Terrance Dolan (USA),  Pamela
Joseph (USA), Declan Lynch, John McNally, Malcolm Towlson
Elavon Financial Services Limited, trading as Elavon, is regulated by the
Financial Regulator