[snip]

> On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 09:34:19 -0600, McKown, John wrote:
>
> >2) Since the program does not know when it may terminate, it
> is possible
> >that the last OPEN would be just before the program is to terminate,
> >thereby making the trace file have 0 records.
> >
> Have you a problem with that?  What?

Well, if I were expecting to see the last "n" records output, then I'd
be pretty upset to get 0 when I knew that some were indeed output.

[snip]

> This is identical to the behavior of FTP with the BINARY and ASCII
> options respectively, and absent SITE RDW, both of which have their
> uses.  The wippo merely failed to perceive the need for an RDW option.
> (is ASCII compatible with RDW?)
>
> -- gil

Well, I consider it to be "weird". Personal opinion, I guess. The
Dovetailed Technologies' "fromdsn" has an option to retain IBM
compatable RDWs in the output, or not, as an option. Of course, that
doesn't help if I want to output via JCL. So, somebody thought that
keeping RDWs might be important. Of course, I don't know how that option
would be architected in JCL.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged
and/or confidential.  It is for intended addressee(s) only.  If you are
reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication is
strictly prohibited and could, in certain circumstances, be a criminal
offense.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by reply and delete this message without copying or disclosing
it.