Sorry, I am still on z/OS 1.6...

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mark Zelden
Sent: 29 Januarie 2008 02:48 nm
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Keep only the tail of the dataset

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 17:04:26 -0600, Luis Miguel Martinez
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Have you tried  with the USS command:
>
>  tail -n "//'my.dataset.to.read'"
>
>  where n would be the number of lines
>
>  Please let me know if you could do it.

That should work.   But why -n without a value?   It would be
tail -n nnn "//'my.dataset.to.read'" where nnn is the number of
lines wouldn't it?  With BPXBATCH and z/OS 1.8 (or 1.5-1.7 with
the proper maintenance) STDOUT can point to a MVS data set.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Elavon Financial Services Limited
Registered in Ireland: Number 418442
Registered Office: Block E, 1st Floor, Cherrywood Business Park, Loughlinstown,
Co. Dublin, Ireland
Directors: Robert Abele (USA), John Collins,  Terrance Dolan (USA),  Pamela
Joseph (USA), Declan Lynch, John McNally, Malcolm Towlson
Elavon Financial Services Limited, trading as Elavon, is regulated by the
Financial Regulator