This is likely a strange question. But does anybody know of anything
which can take a COBOL copy book (file defination) and create DFSORT
symbols? Or maybe something that can post process a COBOL compile
listing and create DFSORT symbols?

What I would like is a way to __easily__ create a DFSORT step which can
read an input file and do selection and reformatting so that the
resulting output file is simply "printable" EBCDIC. This output file
would then be ftp'ed to a Windows / Linux server which would use it to
update a relational database. We don't have any relational database
software on z/OS. I want to use symbols so that, hopefully, even a
non-programmer could easily learn how to write such a "program".

Just a thought.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged
and/or confidential.  It is for intended addressee(s) only.  If you are
reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication is
strictly prohibited and could, in certain circumstances, be a criminal
offense.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by reply and delete this message without copying or disclosing
it.