I used FDRPAS to move 11 Mainframe DASD Subsystems from 5 different vendors
(EMC; IBM; STK; Amdahl and Hitachi) to 2 (two) IBM Sharks and it worked great.
 This was a one time move.

We used IBM's XRC (Extended Remote Copy) to move 3 IBM DS8100's located in
Philadelphia, PA
to 1 DS8300 and 1 DS8100 located in Denver, Colorado.
I think XRC is Vendor agnostic and will work with EMC DASD.
XRC can be run in 1 of 2 modes.
XRC mode:  where you maintain consistency groups for recovery which there is a
MIPS charge
MIGRATE mode: where you are just pushing data.
We successfully moved our data center across the country with very little down
time.
Down time was related to IPL's that were done to bring 1 site down and the
other site up.
Overall XRC worked very well.