>Your response presupposes the change is transferred to Production use.
That transfer doesn't happen unless performance improvement has been
demonstrated in the test environment.  How to measure the improvement in
a repeatable way in a non-optimal test environment is the question at hand.

If you say so.
Scheduling (resource contention) can only be proven in a production environment.
I/O optimisation can be shown in a test environment, if the change is effective.
CPU reduction can also be shown (if outside the variance window).

But, the only true test is Production.
If there is a reduction in I/O & CPU, unfortunately, the only way to prove it
all is to move it in and monitor it.

-
Too busy driving to stop for gas!