From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Arthur T.
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 6:55 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: CPU time differences for the same job

On 5 Feb 2008 13:52:49 -0800, in bit.listserv.ibm-main

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Tom Harper) wrote:

>About 10% of the CPU was consumed by IEBGENER

      It's amazing how inefficient IEBGENER is.  If you
were to change all[1] use of IEBGENER jobs to use ICEGENER
(or SYNCGENR) or to an in-house-written copy program, you
could reduce the CPU consumed in copies by a factor of 5 to
10.  It reduces both CPU and wall-clock time.

[1] The alternate programs generally work only for the case
where there's no SYSIN control statements for IEBGENER.  In
my experience, there is only a very small percentage of
IEBGENER jobs with SYSIN.

--
I cannot receive mail at the address this was sent from.
To reply directly, send to ar23hur "at" intergate "dot" com