On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 09:04:23 -0500, Reda, John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>The decision to have SYNCGENR/ICEGENER replace IEBGENER is typically made
at installation time.  Once SYNCGENR/ICEGENER has been set up to replace
IEBGENER everything else should be automatic.  The Installation Guide
details what needs to be done for SyncSort.   I assume the steps are very
similar for DFSORT.  The amount of effort to do this is trivial.

Even more trivial than it used to be since IBM added an alias of
IEBGENR to IEBGENER some time ago and made the default "GENER"
parm (which specifies the "OLDGENER" name) IEBGENR.  I can't
recall when that happened (OS/390 2.10... or z/OS ?)

SYNCSORT could use the same method DFSORT uses and eliminate the
need for the function/usermod that links IEBGENER into SYNCGENR.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]